SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Submitting a record as parameter to a dll

I am trying to call a dll function, one of whose parameters is a pointer to a record, which is to be altered. The code looks like this:
    [-] dll "c:\temp\mp3ext\Release\MP3ext.dll"
    [ ] int GetMP3Info(string mp3fullpath, MP3InfoData resultinfo)

As the manual says, I actually submit a full record as the second parameter to the function. It also says that "4Test records are always passed by reference to a dll", but this is ambiguous; does it mean that I should actually declare the function using the "out" keyword like this:
    [-] dll "c:\temp\mp3ext\Release\MP3ext.dll"
    [ ] int GetMP3Info(string mp3fullpath, out MP3InfoData resultinfo)

or does it mean that even if I don't use the "out" keyword, it acts as if I had done?

I have been trying to use this dll function (it extracts mp3 tag information from files), but am having difficulties; if I don't use the "out" keyword then the data submitted doesn't get changed. If I do use the "out" keyword then the agent crashes.
    Assuming that the dll is alright, does anybody have a clue what the problem is here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Submitting a record as parameter to a dll

Haven't done much with DLL calls from silk, but doubt this will work because SilkTest does not support pointers, hence the restriction to passing by ref.

For fun though, you might try using the "inout" keyword, but I think you'll get the same result as just "out".

------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used the iout keyword in a case where the dll function required a record below is a sample of how it works. I hope this helps.
    [This message has been edited by AJ (edited 03-15-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried that I'm afraid. And the agent crashed. Looks like there is a problem with the dll, but why can't the agent recognise the problem and raise an exception happily, instead of just falling over?
    Grrr.