I have a strange issue in Silk Test. My scenario (in web application)is that I need to select an option from HtmlPopUpList. On selecting that option, one user prompt appears with the text field, wherein i need to set a value in the text field and press "OK" button.
Area of Concern:
After selecting that option in the popup list UserPrompt appears and silk test control stays there itself and its not proceeded with the next statement (which i referred from the runtime status window). I dont know why??
Even I tried some of the agent options like "Agent.SetOption(OPT_VERIFY_RESPONDING, FALSE)" but its of no use.
Here what you should do.
1)If have not done the window declaration then do it
2)Select the option in popolist
3)Once the UserPrompt appears then use the Exists method to see silk is recognize it or not.
Please let me know we can take it analyze further.
1) Is the UserPrompt also Dynamic?
2) For each Option you get different UserPrompt?
3) Can you tell me what is the caption of couple UserPrompt?
Let me give you one example what I did
1) I had Web Application which had HtmlPopUpList with NJ and NY
2) When I select NJ the popup comes up with msg "The Sales Tax is 7%"
3) When I select NY the popup comes up with msg "The Sales Tax is 6%"
I needed to verify the correct msg popup comes.
In this case I selected the NJ and when Popup came I did Window Declaration and same thing for NY. Once you do that you can get the Static text from each object to verify.
So by what you describe, I think you almost have same Scenario.