User Tag List

Thread: Bitmap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bitmap

All of a sudden I'm receiving the message below when I try to capture a bitmap of a screen and it happens on all bitmay options. Anyone have any ideas!!

unable to capture bitmap -- file I/O error

Thanks

Adrian
    Adrian O'Leary
    Managing Consultant
    Interim Technology Consulting
    Phoenix,AZ
    602-956-7575

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Bitmap

Never seen Silk erroneously put out that error, so the bitmap file is apparently locked by another application. Figure out who has the file(s) open if not yourself, close the file(s) and rerun Silk. Failing that, give the file a different name within your script.
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check the permissions on the directory where you're storing the bitmap. If it fails, it will want to write a .rmp file to the disk

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also began getting SilkTest file I/O errors when doing a large number of bitmap captures (1000+). In the end it turned out to be a hard drive issue: My c drive was running out of free space, and when I reclaimed some of that space the I/O errors disappeared completely.

------------------