Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SilkTest 2006

I see Borland Releases SilkTest 2006.

Is this a new release for Silk International or an upgrade to SilkTest 8.0.

Currently we use SilkTest 8.0 ..
    Only thing I noticed is it Works on XP SP2 and there is some new tools.

Just curious what people think about it.

Thanks
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: SilkTest 2006

From what I've read, SilkTest and SilkTest International is no longer 2 separate products. It also indicates that add-ins are now supported out of the box without additional cost. Does this mean .Net is supported without paying extra? I have a call into Borland for clarification.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm sure a big reason for the "new release" is mostly marketing to rename the product similarly to the other Borland products. According to the release notes, there only appear to be 2 bugs fixed in this release and it's packaged with some new beta log analysis tool.

I'm curious to see what kind of response TonyM gets from his salesperson about the possible new pricing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Just installed Silk 2006 and it works fine unless you do not use Visual 4Test then you need to modify a few Silk files to remove the compile errors.

Have not done much but the new feature TrueLog seems like a great tool for debugging and crash type errors. The feature show lots of promise on time will tell.

Thanks
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ok. I just got a call from my sales rep. I am correct. .Net and International support are now all included in the new version. So good news as far as that goes. The bad news is that the list price for SilkTest GUI is going from $6500 to $9000. He's not sure about agent only and Runtime licenses. He said the maintenance renewal is going from 18% to 20% at the beginning of the year.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok. I just got a call from my sales rep. I am correct. .Net and International support are now all included in the new version. So good news as far as that goes. The bad news is that the list price for SilkTest GUI is going from $6500 to $9000. He's not sure about agent only and Runtime licenses. He said the maintenance renewal is going from 18% to 20% at the beginning of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not sound fair for those who do not use the .net and International support features --- to be paying the extra $2500. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (maybe they'll throw in an mp3 player?)

Would be nice if Borland includes a full support of their own Delphi API support for SilkTest instead! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hey TonyM, are those prices in US dollars? The higher-ups at my company are always complaining that SilkTest is too expensive and want to switch to a new app. This won't help my argument... dang.

On a related note, does anyone know how much a SilkTest Runtime only license costs? Thanks!

Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello,

I am sorry to say that SilkTest 2006 is not working at all here. It constantly crashes (both SilkTest and the SilkTest Agent).

Does anybody else have the same problems?
    SilkTest 8.001 worked very well…

Regards,
    Dag

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, US dollars.

List price of 4k for runtime. Went up from $3250.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

oh yeah. The Extension Kit is now gratis as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast