Iím planning to create a repository (a database) for SilkTest results of the project @ my company. Could you please give me some hint on a better approach on this if some one has done this kind of thing before.
even i am trying to setup the silk test results repository. But after installing it, when i executes the script, its giving following error:
*** Error: (42S02) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'SilkTestRepository.SilkTestRepUser.Runs'..
Creating Silk Test repository is bit tedious, but not that complicated. It has lot of steps need to be performed. Initially you will have two "SilkTestRepository" files in you silk installation directory. One is an ".inc" file and another one is ".t" script file.
1) My suggestion is that dont prefer the script file(SilkTestRepository.t) as it deals more with creation of tables in the DB by means of scripting which is not preferable.
2) Hope u have the schema for the result DB. Create the tables manually in a sql DB with proper dependencies according to the schema diagram.
3) Once the tables are created in the DB, provide the DB credentials in "SilkTestRepository.inc" file.
4) Make sure that functions in "SilkTestRepository.inc" file are compliant with silk test recovery mechanism.
5) Include the file in the use files path and run the plan.
The SilkTest repository will provide you with a good example of how to write results to a Database. I would heed the warnings about it being unsupported when you went to the download site.
Use the include files provided as an example of what to do and write your "own" code to make robust code to provide your own central repository. Do not underestimate the effort that will be required. It can be done, but to do it well both requires time and effort.