SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to QA Partner

I am new to QA Partner and have run into a situation that I'm hoping you guys can assist me with.
    I have a field in an app. that is a unique numeric field. This number needs to increment each time I run my script (it is not generated by the app). I want to use a file that will contain the number and call it from my script and insert the number and write the last used number back to the file, so the next time I use the script it will increment. I hope this makes sense, if someone can think of an easier way please let me know, as I'm at a stopping point.

Thanks In Advance

Paul

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New to QA Partner

This one's easy, I just added a new download to the downloads section called ini file functions. Download it and use it to save the value you need and restore it when you need it again.

Here's how you use the code:

you declare a global variable call it:

iTestNum

Add a function called:

Then add a function called

to go there directly click: http://www.qadownloads.com

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited 11-18-1999).]

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited 11-18-1999).]
    AJ Alhait