SPONSORS:

User Tag List

QAP and Java Swing classes

Has anybody encountered problems with getting QA Partner to reconise swing components in the
    GUI's of Java applications ? I have had no luck in getting QAP to recognise any swing components.
    The only thing it seems to be capable of in these applications is noting the co-ordinates of the
    mouse pointer on a mouse click. Does anybody have any solutions. I think that recording classes
    may solve the problem, however I don't know how to do this for Java applications.
    Any help would be much appreciarted

Re: QAP and Java Swing classes

What version of QA Partner are you using? I'm not sure QA Partner has Java support yet (or in what version it does) but I would recommend using Silk instead? Segue says there is swing support there...
    I've been working on java class componants by microline? I've had the same problems you're getting, but Segue says there's a workaround now to unrecognizable componants: Silk Beans? I'd give that a try...

-Amjad Alhait

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're using QA-Partner (4.01 for OS/2) and Silk (2.1.4 for Win)and I have an extension for silk that handles Swing... QAP does NOT handle Swing because it's a self painted GUI and QAP does not recognize anything.
    If I use AWT, QAP recognizes some GUI-Elements that I can map to QAP standard Classes but some Classes (TextField, ListBox, ComboBox, PopupList, ...) have all the same class so I can't map them to the corresponding class.
    This are our experiences with Swing/AWT on QA-Partner

jb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use the SilkBean to test Java applications on other OSs. The SilkBean can play back tests that are created on Windows. You cannot record tests using the SilkBean but if your app runs on Windows, then you can simply play the tests back on other Java platforms.