User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain commands break under Parallel

Hello,

I have noticed that certain commands break when run under Parallel.. For example, if I use Connect() under Parallel it seems to fail in a random fashion.. I was wondering which commands exactly are not permitted under Parallel? Are Disconnect(), SetMachine(), GetMachine() some of them?

Gili
    Gili Tzabari

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Certain commands break under Parallel

Gili,

For the reasons you're describing I stopped using parallel while I was still at Segue. The spawn/rendezvous combination seems to be more stable and I can't think of anything you can only do with parallel. We use it very successfully with lots of our testcases here at Compaq.

John Green

[This message has been edited by John Green (edited 08-25-1999).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're saying that Spawn/Rendevous works 100% of the time whereas Parallel does not?
    Gili Tzabari

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tested both methods when I had to simulate a trade route. Parallel is buggy. I wish I remember what happened exactly. Spawn overall is better but there is one thing you have to keep in mind. Variables must be unique or else you going to have a hard to debugging it. Debugging is a pain because you cannot step into the other machine. Oh, make sure you use NETBIOS.

Tony Lam