SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

script file running test cases simultaneously

I have a script file that is not working properly. There is nothing that I can see that would cause this and I have not used the nested statement anywhere.

The first testcase runs fine
    The second one runs OK until near the end
    then the 3rd one starts while the second one
    is still running. At times there are three cases running at the same time.
    In the results file it shows all the cases nested under each other in various ways.
    It says only one test run when there were ten and says no errors when there were several in the nested cases.

Any help would be most appreciated.
    I can send the necessary files to an e-mail address if this would help.

I think you might right Tony. I did have a couple of duplicate variable declarations.
    I have fixed this and will run the script file and let you know for sure. My machines are tied up right now running a test plan.

[This message has been edited by ancollins (edited 10-07-1999).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: script file running test cases simultaneously

Uhem.. I am not sure if you are spawing or using parallel. If so, make sure you are not using the same variable declarations among them. QAP can only read 1 variable locally at 1 time. I had similar problem before when I spawn therefore, I ended up using like INTEGER i for testcase A and INTEGER j for testcase B in my for loop.

I posted a similar question in the SilkTest section several weeks ago but received no response. In our case, test cases are not executing simultaneously, but test cases are being nested under other test cases in the .RES file.

This problem occurs whether we execute from test suites or from scripts. This problem only occurs in about 10% of our test scripts, but it is a source of irritation because the summary data in the .Res file header does not correctly totalize the number of test cases executed, or the number of errors encountered. Well, that and it makes for a very untidy Result log.

In the affected test cases, we are not sharing any local variables while in a thread.

Tony Mrozinski
    Intel Corporation

[This message has been edited by Tony Mrozinski (edited 10-07-1999).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony, we are just starting to venture into the world of parallel testing and have had problems with the indenting in the results file. It seems that on any DefaultTestcaseEnter it indents and on any DefaultTestcaseExits it outdents. If you find a solution to this, we'd like to hear about it in the forum. We have decided to use multitestcase to cut down on the indenting and then are are extracting the results to a text file to be parsed by a perl script. Pretty involved. Are there any better alternatives?

Cynthia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too was wondering if anyone has tried to have the results file only post the error text, and took out the delimiter and quotations and QAP has a terminal error when i do this. Hmmm Little Qa on QAP? Anyone have any idea's how to display only error text with nothing else? Thanks;
    -Matrixed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To cut down on the text in the results log, try this. Go to Options->Runtime. In the lower right corner uncheck the boxes for the "Debugging" panel.

Cynthia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, they were already unchecked. Thanks Anyway though, i'll have a script run QAP to do the work manually.
    -Matrixed