SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QA Partner] Capturing controls of a MultiPanelView DialogBox

This is my first posting in the forum. I am working with QA Partner.
    I have a dialog box to test that contains a MultiPanelView Control (a view panel whose controls changes based on option selected by the user at runtime).
    Now the problem is when I capture the control information for this dialog box using RECORDS->WINDOWS DECLARATIONS, QA Partner does not capture information about all the controls.

Is it possible to capture information about all the controls using WINDOW DECLARATION OR to manually add the control identifiers and tags in the .inc file or it is not possible at all using QA Partner.

Thanks and regards,

Kamlesh Bahedia

------------------
    Kamlesh Bahedia
    Kamlesh Bahedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [QA Partner] Capturing controls of a MultiPanelView DialogBox

All what you need is to have the main declarationof this dialog (You can use Record/Window Dec.). But in order, to be able to deal with the changing control names or dynamic text "lets say button name", you need to define all the changes in your tag, and in this case, the easiest way is to use multitags.

For Example:
    If your button name changes from TEXT1 to TEXT2 in/during run time, use the following:

PushButton TestButton
    Multitag "TEXT1"
    "TEXT2"

Remember, you can always define your tags as const strings.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [QA Partner] Capturing controls of a MultiPanelView DialogBox

Is it possible to add control information in the declaration file?
    I have tried adding them but when I refer them in the script it gives "Cannot find the window" error.

How do we do that...

Kamlesh

Kamlesh Bahedia