conflict when use only one identifier (tag)

I used only tag to be the identifiers.
    And it worked fine untill now.

I experienced unfortunately, some alert windows have the same tag with the main window of the application. and when alert window appears, SilkTest doesn't know which one is the right one and then exit from my testscript because of that conflict. how should I solve this?

PS. I am not sure if whether I can use more than one identifiers not only tag identifier. However,I use only one identifier by tag, because if I use something else (such as window id), I will not be able to run it on the other machine(s) (i dont know why but when i run it on the other machine, i have to decalre it again on that machine before).

I need your help

Dublin, Ireland

Re: conflict when use only one identifier (tag)

Did you try using buttons or static text... ie objects specific to the Error dialog to identify it instead of the dialog caption ?

Hi Zoel,

Check help for 'multitag statement' and you will get some idea.

or you can depend more than one tag like below

[-] PushButton MyPb
    [ ] tag "#no|Caption|^PriorText"

First it will search for first tag if there any problem then it will go for second tag
    ~Bala Murali Krishna

Gael is right use something like this:
    If suppose you have 2 dialog boxes with tags say "ABC" and one has a button "Yes" and the other has "Ok", then use the following tags to identify the windows:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">//First window with Yes button
    window winWithYesNo
    tag &quot;ABC/[PushButton]Yes/..&quot;

//Second window with Ok button
    window winWithOkCancel
    tag &quot;ABC/[PushButton]Ok/..&quot;</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

wow, i got your ideas guys.

Thank you very much.