I've got an application here that is a real nightmare. If I double click certain text a child window pops up with additional info about that text. If in the same testcase I try and grab the text out of this new window the test fails saying the window is not active ( setActive method appears to not work for this new window). I can run another testcase after the other fails and grab the text from the window. I need to be able grab this text with one testcase otherwise it doesn't work.
This seems to be similar. I had this web application where clicking a link on the page would open a smaller browser, not a pop up, it should have used the Browser.SetActive() to set action the new browser, sometimes it did work, but not consistently that was what bugged me, though I didnt try out the Atl Tab option, dont know may have worked