SPONSORS:

User Tag List

How do I remove a CustomWin layer on motif?

I am porting our 4Test automation code from the Intel platforms to AIX. When I re-record the window declarations on motif, I always get an extra layer of CustomWin (that Windows and OS/2 do not have). So I don't have to re-declare every window in my winclasses, how can I set my ClassMaps to IGNORE the extra CustomWin without ignoring all the important CustomWin's. The extra CustomWin layer that I want to Ignore is always the first child of the MainWin or DialogWin,

Re: How do I remove a CustomWin layer on motif?

If you have on Windows:

window MainWin MyApp
    tag ''MyApp''
    CustomWin Foo
    tag ''[SomeWin]Foo''

And on motif:
    window MainWin MyApp
    tag ''MyApp''
    CustomWin ToIgnore
    tag ''[SomeOtherWin]ToIgnore''
    CustomWin Foo
    tag ''[SomeWin]Foo''

There are 2 ways of handling this:
    If the Native Classes are different for the two CustomWins (the text in the bracketed part of the tag is different)as they are in the above example (SomeWin, SomeOtherWin), you can classmap SomeOtherWin to ignore and this will solve it.

If the two native class names are the same, then you will have to have a tag change for each window like this:

window MainWin MyApp
    tag ''[MainWin]MyApp/[SomeOtherWin]ToIgnore''
    CustomWin Foo
    tag ''[SomeWin]Foo''

By appending the tag of the CustomWin that you want to ignore in your scripts it will serve your purpose.