User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TreeView Expand() freezes

Hi all,

I have a rather interesting problem. I was in the process of testing a file browsing window implemented as a TreeView. At one point in the test, I called the Expand() method on the 3 1/2'' floppy entry. Normally, this would pop up an error message, since no floppy was in the drive. However, when the automated test hit this point, it froze completely. The error message didn't come up, and I lost mouse control. The busy cursor just stayed where it was, and the code stayed there until I did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete, at which point the script terminated, and the error message became visible.

Anyone have any ideas how I can avoid this freeze-up in case a testcase needs to check an expand attempt on a floppy drive with no disk?

Thanks in advance,

Fraser Gordon
    Automated Test Engineer
    Nellcor Puritan Bennett
    Fraser.Gordon@mkg.com

Re: TreeView Expand() freezes

3 suggestions,

1. Log a problem report with Segue (Which version are you using BTW?)
    2. Install Norton Crash Guard (or equivalent) This will trigger a crash dialog, you can trap it in QAPartner by declaring the dialog and type:
    DialogName.SetTrap (''Continue'') or which ever button you want clicked...

3. (You can always exclude A:\) from your test with an if command.

Hope that helps...

-AJ