Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to Work and Run SILKTEST from Remote Machine

1 I have got SILKTEST installed on Say machine A
    2 My Application is residing on Machine B on which there is no SILKTEST or SILKTEST installed.
    3 I have to access Application,Record Window and Script for that Application In What way I can do this??
    My both machine is in same network.

Please suggest what to do with this case so that I can use SILKTEST and Application on different machine.
    jrdesai72

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to Work and Run SILKTEST from Remote Machine

How do you access "your application" on machine B from machine A? Or do you?

I have a similar set up in that I have a gui application on a machine A and a server application on a machine B. If I need silk to access the server I can do it through a terminal session that I open from machine A.

Ed ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Jignesh,

I had done this long back (back in 1999) with the same kind of setup. You need to install only the agent on the machine B. You have to set up the type of network (either TCP/IP or NetBIOS) on machine A and the agent name of machine B on machine A again. You have to do these changes on the run time settings under option. I guess you have to do the same on the machine B also. Now you will be able to kick your silktest scripts running on the machine B's application from machine A.

As I told you I had done this long long back. I hope the same settings are still valid and work ont the new silktest.

Good luck!
    -Vadiraj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It's easy.

Install the SilkTest Agent on the remote PC. Start it, and set the network options to be TCPIP. Make sure that PC can ping your SilkTest box.

On the SilkTest box, open Options/Runtime. In the upper-left-most field, enter the name of your remote PC. Click OK.

When you record a window declaration or something, it uses the agent on the remote PC and you record what's on its screen.

When you run your test, it actually runs it on the remote PC using the remote PC's app.

To run tests again on the SilkTest box, switch that machine name back to "none" or "local".

Dana