SPONSORS:

User Tag List

How can I Get the text of a VB Application Status Bar?

Hi,

I'm trying to get the ''Static'' text of a VB app. status bar. I have noticed that the method GetText() does not work in this situation (with the VB application I mean). I have tried to use GetCaption(), but I have noticed that this method will only return the name of this object.
    I tried to use record actions, and then verify this Window, but Silk will only read the Caption of this Status Bar.

Things that I have tried:
    1. MyVB5.StatusBar.GetText () // this method is not accepted in a VB application 4Test Language.
    Note: I have used this method with regular applications, but I found out that it doesn't work with VB applications.

2. MyVB5.StatusBar.GetCaption ()

Therefore, I was wandering if anyone else got any other suggestions .

Thanks
    Naz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How can I Get the text of a VB Application Status Bar?

Try to use new class of VB status bar field with undocumented functions. I used code like this:

[-] private winclass OLEStatusBarPanel : Control // undetectable dynamic text
    [ ]
    [ ] integer iPanelNumber //virtual
    [ ] integer iStartCharToRead = 1 //virtual
    [ ]
    [ ] unsupported builtin STRING AgentGetText (INTEGER iStartChar optional, INTEGER iNumChars optional)
    [ ]
    [-] hidecalls STRING GetText ( INTEGER iStartChar optional, INTEGER iNumChars optional )
    [ ]
    [ ] string sText = WindowParent ( this )._GetItemProp (
    ''Panels'', this.iPanelNumber, '''', ''Text'' )
    [+] if sText == null // this happens for first file loaded if cursor resides ouside draw area
    [ ]
    [ ] sText = '''' // because NULL can crash delicate routines
    [ ]
    [ ]
    [+] if iStartChar == null
    [ ] iStartChar = this.iStartCharToRead
    [ ]
    [ ] sText = SubStr ( sText, iStartChar, iNumChars )
    [ ] return ApplyY2KRules ( sText, ''GetText'' )
    [ ]

Assign proper value for iPanelNumber for each definition of field on status bar.

OLEStatusBarPanel Message
    const iPanelNumber = 1
    OLEStatusBarPanel CAPS
    const iPanelNumber = 2

and so on.

Good luck!