SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Multiple Applications and Message Boxes

I am trying to test an application (call it ''MyApp''). MyApp has no GUI associated with it. It has events which create Message Boxes.

I have a GUI application created with Visual C++ that exercises my application (call it AppX). I open 4 instances of AppX (where X is 1 - 4). I then push buttons that make MyApp produce events.

Here is the problem. My script closes the first message box produced by MyApp. My script then does a click on one of AppX applications. I immediately get a message box from MyApp. For some reason the mouse gets stuck on the button.

I can do a SetFocus on the message box, but I can't click the button from my script (and not even physically by using the mouse). But, if I press a keyboard key (event Shift), then the mouse is released from the ''stuck'' state and the script continues and closes the message box.

Has anyone seen any behavior like this before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Multiple Applications and Message Boxes

I have the same problem. In this instance I have a VB5 application that uses Word 97 as an editor. Word macros in a dll are used to provide additional features, including document save. The macro for saving the file is the one that seems to get stuck. A dialog box is presented to the user with a text box that has the prefilled text highlighted. At this point the system seems to hang. The mouse will not move. Pressing any key will allow the test to continue. The problem does not always involve a dialog box but it does always seem to involve function key F12 which is used to save and return to the VB5 application.

Unfortunately, I have no solution. SetFocus, SetText, TypeKeys, ReleaseKeys and FlushEvents all fail to allow the application to continue. I am trying to put together something to send to Segue. This application is large and the developers don't have time to write a sample.