SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Remote File Manipulation

Hi All,
    Is there a way to remotely manage files. I am trying to read information and write to a file. QAP doesn't allow this (as far as I know) and I need the capability to do so. I was given a suggestion to share a drive and then map to it and use QAP functionality to manipulate the file that way, but I'd prefer another way if possible.

Thanks,
    Ben

Re: Remote File Manipulation

Yes, am intersted in your remote file manipulation. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting
    ~AK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

You can do file manipulations remotely provided that you have write access to the folder you are trying manipulate.

I would suggest sharing the directory where you want to manipulate the file and then do what you want. But you have to make sure that you give write access to the share.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    [] HANDLE hFile = FileOpen ("\\IPAddress\folder\filename", FM_WRITE)
    [] FileWriteLine (hFile, "Testing")
    [] FileClose (hFile)
    </pre><hr />

this is one workaround you can try, if you dont have write access, it throws a runtime error access denied.

Thanks
    SMP