User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with SYS_CompareBitmap

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone else has come across this problem. Our supply chain application has some Histograms and Gantt Charts and the only way we have found to verify the data is using a bitmap compare.

I capture the Baseline Bitmap with my monitor setting at 1024 x 768, 256 colors and Frequency at 60 Hertz. When I capture the baseline bitrmap on my monitor, the scripts work fine.
    If I change my monitor settings to say 16000 color and revert it back to 256 color and re-run the script, the bitmap compare fails.

My conclusion is that when changing monitor setting to another setting and then back to the original setting the SYS_CompareBitmap fails. If I try and run the scripts on any other monitor with the same settings the compare still fails.

Has anyone encountered this. I typically avoid using bitmaps for verification but the nature of this product leaves me no choice for Histograms and Gantt Charts.

Also if I use the SYS_GetBitmapCRC funtions it supports my finding. I get different CRC values each time I change monitor settings and change it back to the original configuration.

Any insight would help.

Thanks in Advance

-Asim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem with SYS_CompareBitmap

Asim,
    What I did was to capture the bitmaps during the test run. First capture the baseline bitmap and compare it to your target bitmap. It means you have to capture the baseline everytime you run the test, but it overcomes the problem with color bit table problem on different screen settings or different machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asim,
    Of course comparison of the bitmaps will be failed each time you changes monitor, video card or resolution. So in your case I would recommend either run all your scripts on one machine only or use another technique to get data from your application.
    Regards,
    Slava

I am using the same monitor, I am just changing settings and reverting them back to the original settings, and re-running the test.

-Asim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asim.
    I wrote some scripts for bitmap comparison and I realized if you know at least one way to bypass it you better do it. QA Partner compares bitmaps (of course) pixel by pixel, so if you change something, like video card, comparison will be failed. Besides that, when I've tried to run it I found it not so stable even on one machine .
    Slava.