SPONSORS:

User Tag List

How to Recover from a General Protection Fault

Hi

I use QA Organizer to run a set of tests. Sometimes if a GPF occurs, the scipt will be on hold, not going on to the next test. I have to manually close the GPF message, then script will continue. I have tried to declare the GPF message as a window, so that I can write a procedure to close it as soon as a GPF comes up, but window declaration would not recognize the GPF message as anything (I suppose it's a system message, not part of my app). Could someone tell me what to do?

Re: How to Recover from a General Protection Fault

Jeremy:

I do have VC++ Developer Studio 4.0 on my machine. However, the nearest thing I found in there was ''just in time debugging'', which if I turn it off, I won't get the crash message at the crash point, but my app would be ''not responding''. And QAP still sits there and waits. Other than that, I couldn't find anything that would make a dump file, or dismiss the app upon a crash. I know my VC++ Studio is kind of old, would those feature be in the newer versions? Or am I not looking at the right places?

Kai