SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Task bar application

How can I access task bar process that run next to timer in Win 95 or NT i.e. AntiVirus, real audio, PGP encryption tray....etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Task bar application

Salah,
    Run ''Taskman.exe'' to get access to Taskbar process.

Hi Michael,

I think Salah meant by his question on how to access and record ''System Tray'' applications, i.e. the applications that run in the system tray (in the task bar next to the system clock) eg. Norton Anti Virus, McAfee Virus Shield and the Sound Control.

The problem is you can't record the menus if you right or left click on a system tray application. All QAP records are location clicks. The bigger problem is that the order of these applications are not always the same, so you can't record clicks and be certain the what you're doing is correct.

I think Segue needs to put some though into this. There just isn't a good enough workaround.

-AJ Alhait

AJ,

I agree, Seague should look into provide functionality that will allow us to easily access the System Tray items.

Thanks,

Thaddeus Killins
    SQA Engineer
    Symantec Corp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone posted on another topic a way to use the tooltip text on the window object to select a task bar icon, maybe this will work with the system tray icons too. He just used gettext method on the tooltip and then process it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually with Win2K and SilkTest 6.0 and higher we are able to verify the items in the SystemTray. Here's how the Volume app is shown:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Taskbar.CustomWin(&quot;[TrayNotifyWnd]#1|$303&quot.ToolBar(&quot;#1|$0&quot.PushButton(&quot;Volume|$5&quot</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">The system tray icons are seen as PushButtons.