SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Pointer in DLL function

Does anyone has experience with declaring and using a pointer in a DLL function?

Here is a brief description:

The application is using an application DLL. One of its function has the following phototype:

int GetColumns (HWND hwndCtl, TREE_COL FAR *lpCols)
    where TREE_COL is a struc datatype

How would I declare GetColumns function under 'dll ''vender.dll''' statement?

Thanks,

Tu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pointer in DLL function

Tu,

I read your email that had been posted long time ago.
    I have almost identical question whether I could utilize API calls (Functions in DLL) written in C that is usually involved in pointers. Does anyone know about the ways that use API calls in SilkTest v 5.3? In my case I want to use some APIs that is receiving debug-MSG from the real time process side.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pointer in DLL function

if you go to your silk install directory you will see msw* files. There 6 files in total 3 for 16bit and 3 for 32bit apis.

one of them declares different windows types, like HWND. what you do is read the help on 'dll' in silk first. It tells you which type you can convert from c to Silk types.

Then you start to verify which function you can actually use within Silk along with the file that has example of type conversion mentioned above.

To give you head start, Silk only support point of this form char*.

For some example of function conversion look for msw32func.inc something like that in silk dir.

[This message has been edited by GodKnows (edited 07-08-2001).]