Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: SilkTest_GUI_Runtime_6.5

There's separate licenses for each. The first sounds like the SilkTest GUI (i.e., where _you_ do your work). The Agent is a separately-installed piece with no user interface - its job is to remotely execute code as driven by the SilkTest GUI.

Normally, for local testing you have an Agent running on the same machine as the GUI. For remote testing, each runs on a separate box. You can get additional licenses for each - we have 4 testers and 5 GUI licenses, but something like 50 Agent licenses so we can run tests on up to 50 computers at a time.

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SilkTest Runtime is like a full version of SilkTest, except that it can only be used to run tests and view the results.

It comes in handy if you want to run a test on another machine and view the results without having to tie up the machine that you create tests on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SilkTest_GUI_Runtime_6.5

Don't know why it's taking me so long to get around to this but anyway. What is the difference between a SilkTest_GU 6.5 Policy ID and a SilkTest_GUI_Runtime 6.5 agent, and is there a special way to run the Runtime agent?
    N+ CNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

jamesso,

To run the RunTime version does it havn't to be executed remotly, or can they be execute at the machine with out the GUI. Also to install the Runtime verision, is that just like installing the agent only? a little confused on this one.

Thanks in advanced.
    N+ CNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

RunTime version has a GUI. It's much like the Dev version but missing some functionality. Cannot edit tests from the runtime version. When installing, you will have an option to install runtime version.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Tony, i rememger seeing it in the install setup, just clicked when I ran the install again.
    N+ CNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hmmm,

When I try to run a New Testsuite from the SilkTest Runtime GUI, i keep getting an error that it can't find the *.res file??
    N+ CNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

delete *.jou from results dir and try again. May have to close SilkTest and restart.
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.