SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is advantage and disadvantage of silk compare to rational and winrunner

I am working with web application testing. My company is planning to buy a testing automation tool. Can anybody tell me what is advantage or disadvantage of silk compare to rational and winrunner?

thank you for your help!hi, this is helen again.
    thank you very much for your quick respond. Basically the platform that we are working on are WIN NT, WIN 98, WIN 95 and Solaris. And we are testing different Java applets with MS JVM, Sun Plug-in and Oracle Jinitiator.
    So can you give me any more information? Thank you for your time.

[This message has been edited by helen (edited 05-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by helen (edited 05-24-2000).]

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: what is advantage and disadvantage of silk compare to rational and winrunner

Do a search in the forums and you can get a great comparason between the tools, but generally the 1st question is what's your setup like? Platforms, languages etc...

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: what is advantage and disadvantage of silk compare to rational and winrunner

Helen,

I worked with both Silk and WinRunner.
    I believe that WinRunner can do the job better but the best thing to do is to brig them both in.

evaluate them on
    - Speed of replay
    - Reliability
    - Customer Support
    - Growth in the last year
    Steve Bertun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Helen

According to my opinion, brand new QA people never using tool before...i recommend them using WinRunner because it is more friendly user. In contrast, using Silk is a time consuming for train. Both of these tools are great for web testing.