Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Suggestions

HI all,

i am trying to automate a test case which requires me to check a particular checkbox based on the search result text returned.

Only relation that they share is that the search resuly & the checkbox are in the same row, but there is no way i can check the checkbox which falls near to the text i am looking for.

any suggestion as 2 how do i go abt automating this?

REgards
    MTSILK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Suggestions

I had a similar situation not so long ago where based on the text in a table row (random row, could be anywhere) I needed to click on an object several columns to the left on the same row.

The way I solved this was to look at ALL the HtmlText and match it to my target text. Hmm, I'm not explaining this very well...

Okay, I walked the page, and if MyPage.HtmlText("#{i}").Exists() && if MyPage.HtmlText("#{i}").GetText() == {The String I expect} then I knew the object I needed to click would be on that same row in the expected column to the left of where I found my text.

The specifics of your situation are going to be a bit different, but you know that your checkbox will be on the same row as your text. So you should be able to say for i = 1 to iRowCount and look for your text on each row, thus enabling you to deal with one row at a time.