Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ListFind fails with lists of records

I have a simple record defined:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">type REPORTNAMEREC is record
    string sName
    boolean bMatch
    </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I declare a list of REPORTNAMEREC and add items to it. Later, I see if there's a string in the list...

[CODE]
    iIndex = ListFind(myList,{"name",FALSE})
    {/CODE]

Even though myList has a record that matches the "name" and boolean, ListFind returns zero. I tried using just the name string, and ignoring the boolean, but that doesn't work either.

The help claims the second parameter can be ANYTYPE, and this looks to me like the correct syntax to specify a record with two items.

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ListFind fails with lists of records

Casting your literal record to the expected record type:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">iIndex = ListFind(myList,[REPORTNAMEREC]{&quot;name&quot;,FALSE})</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">should work.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ListFind fails with lists of records

Completely forgot about casting...thanx!

Dana