I recently had an issue with SilkTest 5.02 recognizing an IE5 browser as a DialogBox and not a MainWin. I noticed that this WinNT machine looked like it was running the Active Desktop even though the option had been deselected. What I found was that the user had upgraded to from IE4 to IE5 and not done a complete install. To fix the problem I had to downgrade to IE4 (which is an option in IE5 uninstall), uninstall the Active Desktop components, and then upgrade to IE5 at which point the browser was correctly recognized as a MainWin. If anyone is having issues with SilkTest and IE4, I suggest you uninstall the Active Desktop components.

[This message has been edited by Paul P (edited 05-18-2000).]