Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

GUI Testing v/s Web Page testing

I'm currently testing GUI product. But i would like to know conceptually what is the difference between GUI testing and Web page testing. I would appreciate if anyone can provide link to the article/white paper on my query??
    regards,
    Krunal

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: GUI Testing v/s Web Page testing

Hi,
    If you are testing some stand alone product, you have to take care of that particular GUI objects.

But if you are automating your web based project, you have take care of browser related functions and problems. In Browser, sometimes unexpected popups, windows can come..So it is bit tedious while compare with your stand-alone product testing.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Donít hesitate to initiate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hey,
    I would think that conceptually there isn't much difference between the two. In general, you create a frame for the GUI/Webpage and then write testcases that use the frame. I've only done GUI testing but I would think that testing a webpage would be pretty similar.

Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

GUI means "Graphical User Interface" which can mean testing a stand-alone application, a client-server interface, or in the case of a web based application - the visual interface of the application presented via the browser. Web-based testing can mean testing of a web enabled application which may not have a GUI interface - for example web services or may just be a standard web page.
    zboss