SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Command Line Query that combines Queries?

using the

partner -query myTest -r tests.pln

command, you can run the tests defined in tests.pln that are specifed in the saved query "myTest".

However, in the SilkTest GUI, you can combine multiple saved queries.

Can this be done from the command line? My current plan is to call Silk for each query that needs to be ran, but it would be much easier if I could just combine all queries into one command line.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Command Line Query that combines Queries?

A possible solution to my own problem:

The TestPlan Queries are saved in the SilkTest directory in the TESTPLAN.INI file. This is a standard INI file format.

The Queries are saved in a general format:

Now, for multiple queries, a Union of multiple queries is done which simply lists the Queries to use:

(type can also be "Intersection" to only run the cases where the queries are the same).

Now, with this knowledge, these queries can be dynamically created if needed by modifing this file at runtime (using something like WSH).

Unless someone has a better way of doing this, this looks like it would solve my problem of running one or more queries for a give command.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com