Can\'t manipulate a OLEAnimation control

As part of the AUT we have a Microsoft agent control, "an animated cartoon". Now Silktest has no problem recording any window declarations, 'posted below'. And when i run a script asking to check to see if the Animation object exists, it can see it. But when i try to use any of the OLEAnimation methods defined under SilkTest's Library Browser, nothing happens, basically I am just trying to double click the animation, to close it.

Has anyone here had any experience with any type of animation control?

Also I have tried doing a class record on the animation object and nothing turns up.

// Window Declarations...
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">public winclass CMaxwell : OLEAnimation
    tag &quot;[DialogBox]Microsoft Agent&quot;;
    parent Desktop;
    }</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    N+ CNA

Re: Can\'t manipulate a OLEAnimation control

I'm completely unfamiliar with this type of control, but... if you click anywhere on that control will it close as you want?

If so, look into the RECT / GetRect() approach. This will give you the current coordinates of the upper left corner of the object as well as its length and width. Given that data, you should be able to calculate the spot you want to double click on. You can either pass those coordinates to your click, or you can use MoveMouse and put the mouse pointer precisely where the click should occur.

Will that work for you?

Re: Can\'t manipulate a OLEAnimation control

Yeah i think it would, becuase a double mouse click is what closes the Animation control.

N+ CNA