Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Indetify active and inactive htmlpush button

Hi
    I am trying to identify inactive htmlpush button,
    I used .isvisible,isactive method for active/inactive button ,script returned true for both buttons,
    also tried with cursor.gettype it returned POINTER for both buttons,
    Is there any specific method which can differentiate between active & inactive push button,
    Thanks
    Sri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Indetify active and inactive htmlpush button

You could always make a function, testcase, etc, which uses the button and then figure out what to check for if it worked (and, at the same time, what will be 'missing' if it didn't work).

See what I mean?

You'll probably want to make the 'button worked' case return to the original state (prior to pushing the button).
    Chris R Mead

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm not sure what you mean by active. Are you trying to determine if the button has focus or are you trying to determine if it is enabled?

If the latter, try .IsEnabled()
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi All
    The business requirement is
    If I select option say Cars,htmlpushbutton labeled "Aviation" should be inactive(not clickable) & button "Automobile" be active(clickable)
    If I select option Flights the htmlpushbutton labeled "Automobile" should be inactive(notclickable) & button "Aviation" be active(clickable)
    basically my script goes on selecting different options and each case will check the corresponding status of pushbuttons,
    I tried with .Isenabed() method it returned TRUE for both clickable and non clickable buttons.
    Thanks,
    Sri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Sri,

Try using button.VerifyEnabled() inside a do-except block or just use the property bEnabled.

HTH,
    Harshil