Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SplitPane not defined error

Hello,

I just spent whole day, trying to set up silk with this application I'm testing. I keep getting

"....\frame.inc(215): Window JavaxSwingJSplitPane is not defined"

error. I did following --

1. Start with clean project, did Window Declarations to get frame information. Recorded main window and a child window.

2. Looking at the record result, I see that the child window is embedded pretty deep --

[-] window JavaMainWin TestApp1700
    [ ] tag "Test App - 1700"
    [+] CustomWin JavaxSwingJSplitPane1
    [ ] msw tag "[javax.swing.JSplitPane]$javax.swing.JSplitPane[1]"
    [-] CustomWin JavaxSwingJSplitPane
    [ ] msw tag "[javax.swing.JSplitPane]$javax.swing.JSplitPane"
    [-] window JavaJFCChildWin N1700View
    [-] multitag "1700-View"
    [ ] "$com.test.matrix.coloma.appl.DisplayInternalF rame[1]"
    [ ] parent JavaxSwingJSplitPane

After getting the window declarations, trying to do window identifiers throws the error I stated earlier. It seems like last "parent" clause is problematic -- Maybe it cannot see the window that's buried in 3 level?

If I copy the whole "window JavaJFCChildWin N1700View" block under the "CustomWin JavaxSwingJSplitPane" block instead of using parent clause, the test script works except that I will have to type the whole long path to specify that window. Can anyone give me any insight on this? (Why is JavaxSwing object is defined as custom window?)

FYI, I'm using 6.0.1.0 version of SilkTest and the java application I'm testing is built on java 1.4.1. Any help is appreciated. Hopefully what I just wrote make sense -- cannot think/write straight right now...

Thanks.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: SplitPane not defined error

Looking at my post, I see that it got rid of some tab chracters. "CustomWin JavaxSwingJSplitPane1" block is under "window JavaMainWin TestApp1700" block. "CustomWin JavaxSwingJSplitPane" block is under "CustomWin JavaxSwingJSplitPane1" block. "JavaJFCChildWin N1700View" block is at same level as "JavaMainWin TestApp1700" block.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I do believe that your problem stems from the fact that at some point prior to your Record/Declarations you checked the all classes checkbox in Record/Class. Uncheck it, re-record the declaration and you should be back to the normal operating mode where classes such as SplitPanes are ignored and shorter window.window.method calls are the result.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

John,

Where is this "Record/Class" checkbox, will this make the declarations readable instead of 7 or 8 qualifiers ie:

window.window1.class.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.checkbox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

In Silk, click the "Record" menu then click the "Class" menuitem. The "Show All Classes" checkbox is in the lower left corner.

When this box is checked, you'll see the SplitPanes inserted in recorded declarations and you must use them in your call sequence. When unchecked, you won't.

John