Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

two IE\'s are showing same tags...

Hi All,

I am facing strange problem.I am automating CRM product and using ST 6.5.I am having internet explorer inside the call center application and I am using internet expolorer out of the application and I have recorded outside IE first and then inside one.we can open one more chat window in this. My problem is both Internet explorers are showing same tags.no change even at one place.I have recorded separately for each IE.

I am having so many testcases to automate.Is there any chance to differentiate between them. Any immediate solution would be great.

Thanks alot in advance.

N.H.
    -N.H.Prasad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: two IE\'s are showing same tags...

N.H.

Either I'm not understanding your situation, or you don't really have the problem you are thinking you have.

As I understand it you have your call-center application with an embedded IE. You also have a non-embedded IE. Silk is seeing the objects in each place with the same tags. Is that correct?

If so, I'd be jumping for joy that there is no need to redeclare all your objects for each environment. You can run the same script against each browser, embeded and non-embedded.

Now what surprises the heck out of me is that Silk is not seeing the embedded browser with some layer wrapped around it if not multiple layers. If so, then you still have no problem. You can define a window wCurrentWin and if it is non-embedded wCurrentWin equals one thing and if it is the embedded browser, it equals the previous value plus the wrapper layers.

If you have both the embedded browser and the stand-alone browser open at the same time, the tags can still be the same, but Silk will see them on Browser1 and Browser2. Whichever browser is active is always considered Browser1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

First of all thanks for the info.
    Yes I am expecting same what you said.
    let me give you some more info...

I have two IE's one IE is embeded with application and I named it as 'Agent' and another IE is stand alone which I made it as 'Caller'.Now if caller submits request one chat window will popup and at the same time embeded IE also show chat window with in IE so that agent and caller can speak to each other.

here all the IE declarations except caller chat window,showing same declarations.I tried in many ways but I couldn't.

If you/anybody faced this/worked, please send some sample of declaration.

Thanks in advance.
    N.H.
    -N.H.Prasad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Prasad,

As DJ said, Browser is the active browser object. I think I have the workaround to your problem. forget caller window, since that is not a problem. Whatever follows considers only those browser popups that have identical tags.

For the first( rather active) window, you can use Browser.
    There would be some keystrokes using which you can loop through the other popups(like we hae Alt-Tab in windows). Using this once wold retrieve you your second window. But now the problem is, how to identify if this is the required browser popup. Here, there must be some text or something in the popup page that specifies which agent has called ??? you can check for the existence of this. Now, this is Browser.

This is a bit tweaky and too much to do for something simple, but should work till you or somebody find a better solution [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

HTH,
    Harshil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

To identify both 'Caller' & 'Agent' window @ the same time.
    Rename the tag in Caller as '[BrowserPage]*\[HtmlHeading]Caller' (if any Heading/Text is there provide that)
    for Agent -->
    [BrowserPage]*\[HtmlHeading]Agent