Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problem Recording Window Decalration for a CustomWin

Hi
    I am testing an application(through silk test) for a calendar control.In the main dialog- there is a button -which on clicking opens the calendar and doubleclicking inside calendar would select that date and display it in the dialog - (sounds simple)
    Now the calendar is a custom window - so when i record its declaration in the frame i get something like this
    [-] CustomWin SECCalendar
    [+] msw multitag "[Afx:3260000:808:10011:0:0]SECCalendar"

the whole problem is in the tag number - which changes every time the application is closed and opened again.
    So when i verify the properties of calendar or even try to click in it - i get the error the window [Afx:326........] not found because it finds some another tag number next time.
    I think there might be some option to select or a way - NOT to get the tag number in my declarations.
    I played around with options while recording the declarations- but there is nothing that i can get rid of tag.
    So looking for help from experienced ones !!!
    (I am using ST-5.5 on windows XP.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem Recording Window Decalration for a CustomWin

Hi Anshoo

To solve your tag problem you can use the Wildcard *. E.g. if any part of the tag i static you e.g. [afx, you can simply type: tag "[afx*"
    Another way is to use the index instead if the control has an index.

You can see all the tags for an object by clicking the submenu "Windows tags" in the "record" menu in ST.
    The menu point is not visible by default. To set it visble check the checkbox in "Options - Agent -> select tab "Compatibility"

Hope it helps

Regards
    Christian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem Recording Window Decalration for a CustomWin

Thanks a lot Christian.
    The Wildcard helped and solved the problem.

Regards
    Anshoo