SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window declarations

I've already got an open case with Segue concerning this, but I thought I'd post and see if anyone else had any ideas...

Sorry I have to explain our product each time I post, but (I think) its necessary to completely understand the problem. I am testing a web app at a new company. When the page is loaded in the main browser, it launches a sub browser window (no toolbar, menus, etc.) and this is where all the work is done.

One of the pages contains about 30 text fields as well as several combo and check boxes. The textfields hold the customer name, address info, email, phone #, etc. Each customer must enter seperate info for a Contact address, a Billing address, and a Shipping address. Therefore, there are 3 name text fields, 3 postal code fields, 3 phone number fields, etc. (Is this making sense? Wait...it gets worse).

This screen is contained in the sub browser window (see above). The window is very small and only displays the first 9 or so text fields. In order to view the rest of the page you must use the scrollbars. If you maximize the window, about 20 of the 30 fields become visible, but scrolling is still necessary.

Finally, the problem!:
    I tried several different ways of declaring this window, but each method missed certain fields or screwed up others.
    1) Fully Maximized
    -I would manually navigate to the screen, Maximize it, select Record > Window Declarations within Silk, then Pause and Paste the results to the Editor.

2) Normal size without scroll (Customer2)
    -I would manually navigate to the screen, select Record > Window Declarations within Silk, then Pause and Paste the results to the Editor.

3) Normal size with scroll (Customer3)
    -I would manually navigate to the screen, select Record > Window Declarations within Silk, manually scroll the window to the bottom then back to the top, then Pause and Paste the results to the Editor.

After trying these 3 methods of window declarations, I wanted to see what Silk actually saw on the screen vs. what it recorded. I then created 6
    testcases which basically navigate to the screen, set its window size, and print of list of all its children. If the children are found in the declarations, it returns
    its identifier. If not, it returns the dynamic instantiation.

I have included the .inc, .t and .res files from the tests.

It appears to me that Silk has problems identifying controls that are not in view. I have played with the Agent Options, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Anyone had a similar experience??

Thanks for your patience...and help!

-Damian Synadinos

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window declarations

The files...

segue.inc

segue.t