SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to identify links and click on them when Silk doesn\'t recognise them?

Hi ,I'm having a problem identifying links and images while using Netscape Navigator on the web page, so practically I'm not able to do anything on those links or images, one way is to get the location and click on the location but that is not a good way, you can look one such site like www.creditland.com in which if u are using Netscape u cannot record all the images on the page and can not click on them, please help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to identify links and click on them when Silk doesn\'t recognise them?

I went to this page and recorded window declarations in Netscape 4, and SilkTest was able to "see" everything. Do you have ActiveX enabled in your extensions enabler? It didn't see them as links but rather as images, but that shouldn't make a difference. I was able to recognize the links using index or caption info in the tags. Either of these would be a good alternative to using Location.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got to the site http://www.creditland.com/cards/index.jsp and try to recognise the link " go to next step" and try clicking on it, this image is being recognised as HtmlImage1 by silk but if you look at all the other images they are also refered to as HtmlImage1. Try clicking on it before you come to any conclucion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This problem I have also... this was logged by myself a few months ago (21/01/2000) with Segue it is officially issue #10913, the bug number is #26154.

----

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vishalmangla:
    got to the site http://www.creditland.com/cards/index.jsp and try to recognise the link " go to next step" and try clicking on it, this image is being recognised as HtmlImage1 by silk but if you look at all the other images they are also refered to as HtmlImage1. Try clicking on it before you come to any conclucion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by waynetaylor (edited 04-27-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BrowserPage.HtmlImage ("btn_gotonextstep").Click ()

seemed to do the trick for me

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried but it did not work