SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link Checker on webpage

Our websites have lots of long and dynamic urls, due to which Silk Link Checker is not working. I tried cliking on every link and verifying but that takes too long and since I use dynamic declerations it take a long time for silk to scroll and find the link to click on. Does anybody had similar problems or is aware of any other way to do link checking in my situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Link Checker on webpage

One thing you could do is write your own link checker based on your site. This is sometimes good because link checkers are fairly easy to write (particularly in Java, which is what Link Tester in SilkTest is written in) and you can gear it to any peculiarities of your site (if such exist).

However, your other option is third-party tool solutions. The one I most highly recommend is LinkBot by WatchFire (http://www.watchfire.com). I do not work for them or get anything for saying it, but this is an excellent tool and it can export to delimited text files. These can then be used in Excel and read in by an automated testing tool. In fact, one thing I was playing around with was an Excel/LinkBot file that I then read in via SilkTest logic and generate the page declarations for each URL as well as getting the exact count of links and images on a page.

If it is within your budget I highly recommend checking LinkBot out.