ST v6.03.0, o/s Win2000, AUT is VB6.
I am having a hard time with these extensions. I recently upgraded to the above ST version and could not define any extensions. When I went through Tools-Enable Extensions and selected my app, it prompts me that it found an ActiveX app and to restart and click test. I restarted the app but Test was never enabled to complete the process. I ended up reinstalling ST6.03 and removing all references to it in the registry.
Went through same process as stated above and it worked.
My problem now is I am trying to add a second app (executable) to the extensions and the same problem is happening again.
I tried the same steps on ST6.02.0 and have the same problem.
I believe the steps to enable extensions are through
1) Tools-Enable Extensions
2) ST-Extension Enabler
I also tried skipping the Test part and adding it through Options-Extensions but everything still is declared as CustomWin.
I will have to declare roughly ten custom executables within each script so this is basically stopping me from scripting. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Am I missing something here, I hope?
Thank You [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] All morning I was messing with this.
I checked the QAPHooks.dll first and it had a comma so I removed it but it still did not work.
I was using the right version in System32 so I uninstalled and followed your steps for deleting.
Got rid of the Segue registry entries.
The uninstall removed all the QAP*.* files.
I deleted the SilkTest folder (left Segue with SilkMeter files in it).
Reinstalled, it didn't give me any messages about the object references but when I went back in I was able to add several of my applications as new extensions.
I still get some CustomWin declarations but not nearly as many as before.
This sounds like it might be the QAPHooks.dll problem.
Search through your registry for QAPHooks.dll and make sure that it isn't followed by a comma.
If it isn't that, make sure you have a QAPHOOKS.DLL in system32 and check its date to see if it corresponds with the new version you've installed.
If you have to try uninstall & reinstall again, but try these additional steps (after the uninstall is over and reboot is complete)
* Delete Local machine/ s/w / segue from registry
* Delete all the QAP.* stuff from system32
* Delete c:\prog files\segue
Then start reinstall. Hopefully the installer will complain about bad object references and tell you it is rebuilding them.