Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Date format, checking the history

I found this thread and working on modifing the code. Checking the history does help.

http://www.qaforums.com/cgi-bin/foru...=004123#000000

I'm using the code

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> [-] testcase TestDateTime() appstate none
    [ ] DATETIME dtStartDate = GetDateTime()
    [ ] DATETIME dtEndDate = AddDateTime(dtStartDate,-90) // add one day
    [ ] print (&quot;Start Date: {FormatDateTime(dtStartDate,&quot;mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss&quot}&quot
    [ ] print (&quot;End Date: {FormatDateTime(dtEndDate,&quot;mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss&quot}&quot</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I will remove the time and change the year to 1 or 0 for the mainframe.

Thanks.
    Bruce

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Date format, checking the history

I need to go back 90 days and format the date as CYYMMDD. To get the C "century" I need to see just the first number of the year. If it is a 2 I need to place a 1 at the C mark and if it is a 1 I need to place a 0 at the C mark...... Wait..... I'm think..... for this I can always use a 1......... I just need to format like ""1"+YYMMDD"...... thank you for listening.

Bruce.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I do need a little help....
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> [-] testcase TestDateTime() appstate none
    [ ] DATETIME dtNowDate = GetDateTime()
    [ ] DATETIME dtFromDate = AddDateTime(dtNowDate,-90) // back 90 days
    [ ] STRING sFromDate
    [ ] print (&quot;Start Date: {FormatDateTime(dtNowDate,&quot;mm-dd-yyyy&quot}&quot
    [ ] print (&quot;End Date: {FormatDateTime(dtFromDate,&quot;1yymmdd&quot}&quot
    [ ] sFromDate = {FormatDateTime(dtFromDate,&quot;1yymmdd&quot}
    [ ] Print ({sFromDate})</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">the line
    sFromDate = {FormatDateTime(dtFromDate,"1yymmdd")}

Does not compile. Type Mismatch - Expecting a STRING. This is good I want sFromDate to match what is in the print statement, [ ] print ("End Date: {FormatDateTime(dtFromDate,"1yymmdd")}").

Thanks,
    Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Take off the curly braces surrounding the {FormatDateTime(dtFromDate,"1yymmdd")}
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

THANKS, TonyM.
    It works....

Bruce.