Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Verifying that a List of Html Objects exists

Is there a way to throw a bunch of different Html objects (HtmlText, HtmlImage, HtmlPushButton, etc.) into a List, then have a for each loop that will verify it's existance on the current web page?

I've been trying it by using a list of windows and I continually get a false when I call the .exists() function.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Verifying that a List of Html Objects exists

Yes. I put the window names in a list and then iterate it to check that they exist. You can do a set of "do... except" statements using exists(). If any object doesn't exist, use a boolean which you set to FALSE and check the value of it at the end of the iteration. Here is an example of a way to handle this:

private boolean funcVerifyPageContents(boolean bExists string sObject)
    do Verify(@"{sObject}".Exists(), TRUE)
    Print("Verified that the ""sObject"" object appears.")
    except
    //Raise error here if you want
    bExists = FALSE

return bExists

I have found that the "Exists()" function is not 100% accurate though. I get about a 90% accuracy on some runs of my suite of tests. I capture what is going on in the page with a Capture Bitmap or GetText so that I can verify whether it is a false failure on Silk Test's part.
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Verifying that a List of Html Objects exists

I've extended the BrowserChild class as follows:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">winclass BrowserProdigy : BrowserChild
    LIST OF WINDOW lwRequired
    hidecalls void VerifyRequiredObjects ()
    WINDOW wOne

if this.IsDefined (&quot;lwRequired&quot
    for each wOne in lwRequired
    do
    Verify (wOne.Exists (), TRUE, &quot;{wOne} exists&quot
    except
    ExceptLog ()
    else
    LogError (&quot;lwRequired not defined for {this}&quot
    </pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Then you just have to define lwRequired in each page and what objects are required.

- Dave
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.