MB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WINDOW DECLARATIONS gone awry

Help!

I am trying to write scripts for our product that is written in frames.

I have had a lot of success until I have started to work on this one part. This part splits the frame into 2 rows and for some reason, I am getting the following error message when I try to declare anything for this frame:

*** ERROR: Invalid handle

In this case, what is the handle referring to and what can I do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WINDOW DECLARATIONS gone awry

Invalid handle is a very annoying message, which basically means that after Silk has used the tag to identify the control, Windows' internal ID into the control has changed.

A few questions back to you: (1) do you get it sporadically, frequently, or somewhere in between? (2) are you testing a web site? (3) if yes on 2, is there any DHTML involved in the HTML source?

Reason I ask is that I had a similar problem for which I don't believe there is any solution (if anyone has one, please please post it here).

Ideally, one could ask Silk to reacquire the handles from the tags via a function call, but there is no such feature, so if the handles change after a page loads (as can occur with DHTML) Silk is hosed.

------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

MB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, there is DHTML. So, from what you are saying, Silk currently cannot reacquire the handle from the tags. Correct?

For my own clarity, the handles you are referring to are the:
    - Caption
    - Prior text
    - Index
    - Window ID
    as found on the Record Windows Declarations dialog? Or are these handles something different?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the caption, prior text, index, etc. are the TAGS, which is how Silk originally figures out the HANDLE for the control. Once that handle is acquired, that is how Silk sends messages to the control to SetText, etc.

With DHTML, the browser will switch handles as different controls get rendered dynamically via the &lt;DIV&gt; tags. Because Silk acquires the handles for the controls on the loading of the web page, it does not adequately reaquire the handle. This is why I've asked that they allow me to make such a call in my code or come up with a better solution.

------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a similar problem when test pages with multiple frames and lots of javascripts???

------------------