User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple browser instances

Mulitple instances of Explorer

I am an advanced user of SilkTest. I am using IE5 on NT4, with SilkTest 5.0.1 / 5.0.2.

The web application under test invokes two subsequent browser windows. Each of these browsers has no menu bar, status bar or address field. That is, it appears as a DialogBox with a BrowserChild. Recognition of the second and third browser windows is suspect. Sometimes SilkTest can see the windows during playback and carry out all the necessary actions and then other times SilkTest reports an error saying that the objects were not found. However, the objects are always seen correctly when I record identifiers. I have used various tagging methods, but all to no avail. I have tried multitags, single tags and tags with a combination of caption and window ID using the '|' (pipe) operator.

Any suggestions?

John.
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Multiple browser instances

Our web app behaves the same. Check out the post in this forum called "Include files questions" from 02-21-2000.
    It may be useful...

Also, I've added the DialogBox to the lwLeaveOpen of the MainWin and created appstates based on the DefaultBaseState that basically set the DialogBox window active.

[This message has been edited by Damian Synadinos (edited 03-27-2000).]