SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extension Kit in Win95/98

We have had problems running scripts in 95 & 98 with the agent not recognizing external functions in our client server application. Is this common? Up till now I've just contently run scripts in NT but I'm getting questions about doing some platform testing. Any sugestions?
    Dave Kulju
    Newmarket International
    QA Engineer II

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Extension Kit in Win95/98

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TomServo:
    [B]We have had problems running scripts in 95 & 98 with the agent not recognizing external functions in our client server application. Is this common?
    ====================
    I do external function calls every day using Win-95 and Win-98. Could you be a little more specific about the problem you are encountering ?

Quality Control Analyst at Syntel Inc
    Project Test Lead for client Daimler Trucks - North America.
    Interested in testing dot net web services and SOA systems.
    Charles F. Radley
    Oregon, USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It had been too long since I had attempted this to remember the specifics. We had a consultant in to get us started who told us that we may have problems in 95/98 and that we should work only in NT. After having some problems we had to format the 98 machine she had been given and install NT.

Since you said you had no issues in 95/98 and I needed to get more specifics on where it was failing, I gave it another try. Outside of having a little trouble finding wMainWin at first, it seems to be working on a few basic scripts. I've recently upgraded from 4.x to 5.0.2. Perhaps that was the issue.

Thanks
    Dave Kulju
    Newmarket International
    QA Engineer II

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TomServo:
    We had a consultant in to get us started who told us that we may have problems in 95/98 and that we should work only in NT. After
    ================
    The Segue documentation says they support 9X as well as NT. Why do you believe a consultant who gives such broad and unsubstantiated claims ?
    ================
    having some problems we had to format the 98 machine she had been given and install NT.
    ===============

What problems ?

===============
    it seems to be working on a few basic scripts. I've recently upgraded from 4.x to 5.0.2. Perhaps that was the issue.
    ===============

Possibly, I have only used 5.0.1 and 5.02 myself...

The only OS not presently supported is Windows-2000 (that is planned for 5.0.3 so they tell me). The Segue docs say that external system calls do not work on Macintosh, but work on the other supported OS'es.

Quality Control Analyst at Syntel Inc
    Project Test Lead for client Daimler Trucks - North America.
    Interested in testing dot net web services and SOA systems.
    Charles F. Radley
    Oregon, USA.