Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Changing Usefiles and Extensions at run time

Hi
    I have 6 applications with 6 different framefiles(.inc)
    Case:1
    When I run scripts for each applications I need to go and change framfile in Option/runtime/UseFiles
    Can it be possible to put all path's for 6 frame files in one file, So Silk at run time can choose corresponding .inc file.
    Case:2
    For each 6 of these applications I have different DOM extensions,i,e Options/extensions like for some Html Table is checked some not,for some HtmlForm is checked...
    So When I run my testcases I need to have my silk change its extensions for each application
    Can anyone suggest me how to acheive this two goals
    Thanks
    Sri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Changing Usefiles and Extensions at run time

I haven't had success trying conditional include files that share some declarations. It would be a nice feature in some cases.

Case 1:
    You could try declaring all your framefiles in one test script with the "use" statement. As long as there are no duplicate entries in them, it will work.

Case 2:
    Try doing them inline in a script file using conditional statements. i.e.
    if testcaseA
    Agent.SetOption(OPT_VERIFY_UNIQUE, FALSE)
    Or, turn them on and off in each testcase according to what you need.
    It might take a bit of a redesign, and the downside is that you end up driving your testcasese from a large .t file.
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Changing Usefiles and Extensions at run time

This could be possible if you specify all the required files in the opt file and then load the same in the begining (including the extensions details).

Note:

This would consume more memory at runtime as more objects are loaded.

Also if there are duplicate objects in any of the two frame files, you can feel the difference in object identification by silk.

Hope it helps>>>