Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

.net and the extension kit...

So, I know there won't be .net support in Silk for a while.

I've tried get at some of the .net controls using class maps and have been marginally successful.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the extension kit to help them recognize/access/use any .net objects. How successful were you?

I've never used the extension kit, but if it will solve my problem, I'm game...

Thanks for any insight...
    Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: .net and the extension kit...

Won't work. The EK is made for C++ not C# or other .NET languages. Need to wait for 6.5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

but .net supports c++ ... right??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've had success automating an app that uses .NET winforms. Simply using several classmaps, and some tag trickery. The largest problem is buttons since all buttons, regardless of type (checkbox, radio button, pushbutton) are recognized as just button.

Everything is recognized like "WindowsForms10.EDIT.app25" Where "EDIT" is the class of control (edit = textfield), and the "app25" changes with every build of our app. so in the classmap i use a wildcard "app*". This works just fine. Classmaps look like "WindowsForms10.EDIT.app* = TextField"

Hope that helps.