SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem in running silkscripts in Windows XP.

Hi,

I am testing the client side UI and functionality of a Java application. I am using Silktest 5.0.3. The entire automation is done on Windows 2K platform. On Wink2K the scripts are executed perfectly.

I am facing a problem when I run these scripts on Windows XP operating system. I tried this workaround:
    - Replaced the object names with the tags. Eg: JavaJFCMenu("File").Pick()

With this the script works. But changing the entire code will not be the ideal solution as it will be difficult to maintain.

Could someone suggest a simpler and less messier solution?

Thanks and regards,

Ashish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem in running silkscripts in Windows XP.

Originally posted by Ashish P:
    ... Replaced the object names with the tags. Eg: JavaJFCMenu("File").Pick()
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Running into differences between operating systems is to be expected.

Update the declaration file object tags to reflect XP usage if you're abandoning Win2K, or add operating system-specific tag modifiers to the existing declarations to accommodate both.

John