User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portability of scripts

Hi,
    I am planning to use the silktest for testing my web application product.
    Here I'll be having different OS and Browsers to support.
    For eg. My application will be supporting IE5.0, 5.5, 6.0 and netscape versions.
    Which are the main areas I need to concentrate while porting the scripts for different browsers. Is it recommended to record the window declaratios for IE and Netscape. Also is there any difference when we are testing with different versions of the same browser like IE or Netscape.

Regars
    Sunil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Portability of scripts

Originally posted by QA_Aspirant:
    Here I'll be having different OS and Browsers to support.
    For eg. My application will be supporting IE5.0, 5.5, 6.0 and netscape versions.
    Which are the main areas I need to concentrate while porting the scripts for different browsers.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">"Declarations" [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I faced this problem once when i porting my scripts from a Os-Browser combination to another. You will have to record the declarations and merge it with your current sets. You can also use platform specific browsers using the same declaration names so that you do not have to change your scripts.

But yes once you get a hang of it - the scripts work like a charm!

Cheers!
    Best of Luck!
    Aatish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres a link for you to get started too [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Gui Specifiers

Cheers!
    Aatish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks atish. It will be better idea if we can prepare a document which consists of the issues faced with respect to - Same OS with Different Browser versions (IE 5.0, 5.5, 6.0) , Different OS with different browser versions, Same OS with different browsers(IE, Netscape)
    I'll be working on that once I start my automation project..