SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inconsistancy with SilkTest 6.0.1/6.0.2

I have a question, and I'd like to see if anyone has experienced my problem.

We have an stand-alone Java application that was previously based on the 1.3.1 jre and now we are implementing the 1.4 jre. While testing the old version, we didn't have a problem with seeing any of the declarations for any of the windows. Now, with the new 1.4 jre version, we keep seeing inconsistancy with SilkTest. Sometimes SilkTest will see a window, and sometimes it won't.

I'll take declarations for this window when SilkTest can't see it, and it shows the exact same declarations as I had before when it worked.

Or SilkTest will see that same window, but nothing else in it, only the frame.

I'm not sure if this problem is our own application, if this is a jre problem, or if this is a SilkTest problem. I've contacted SilkTest, and discussed this inconsistancy problem, but they act like we are the only ones to see it.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Inconsistancy with SilkTest 6.0.1/6.0.2

1. During the upgrade from Silk 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 are you certain that the Silktest_java2.jar files was replaced everywhere it might've been copied to? A systemwide search for this file checking date and time stamps might be revealing.

2. Usually standalone Java app's have their own independent jre folder. To eliminate JRE 1.4 as a possible cause you could try overwriting it with JRE 1.3.1. If it runs OK (I'm obviously assuming that no 1.4-specific abilities are included) then you've isolated the problem to 1.4.

3. Instead of comparing declarations, try comparing the results of individual Record/Window Tags or a run time print of the tags of a GetChildren() call.

4. Comparing memory resources might also be useful especially if the AUT is large and complicated.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Inconsistancy with SilkTest 6.0.1/6.0.2

John,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, none of them helped. There is only one place for the SilkTest_Java2.jar file to go, and that has been replaced. Yes, the application does have 1.4 specific abilities, therefore going back to 1.3 won't work (tried it). I'm always comparing memory resources because that is part of my test.

I've noticed that some of my declarations have changed. For example, I have menu items under menus in the old application. Now all of my menu items are under a java dialog box.

But that isn't the only thing. Just inconsistent behavior is what I'm running into. I tried to declare a class member in one of my user-defined classes. SilkTest doesn't like to use a user-defined class within a user-defined class. I believe that to be a SilkTest bug.

Anyway . . I'll keep plugging along and try to find work arounds. Thanks again!

Lynnette