SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 6.0.2 Netscape 7.02

I have created a set of scripts for a browser based application. The scripts work with IE 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 on NT, W2K, XP. I have not had to add any special code to tell Silk to wait for a page to load. It seems to know when the page has finished loading and then moves on to the next step.

Now I have Silk 6.0.2 and tried to run the same scripts (set the browser type to Netscape DOM) and have had nothing but problems. It seems that Silk is not waiting for the pages to finish loading. Is this a bug in Silk? Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted? Have I just been lucky with IE?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 6.0.2 Netscape 7.02

Originally posted by tlvranas:
    Have I just been lucky with IE?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I'd bet that's your answer. I had to write my own functions to handle race conditions due to different timing on page loads. As soon as I pointed my scripts at different kinds of servers, the timing of the page loading varied greatly.
    Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
    --Donald Knuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 6.0.2 Netscape 7.02

Yes indeed..i just went through the exact same problem, i.e. the WaitForReady is not waitting enough...as aquick (though not elegant) work around i had to overload that method adding a sleep(1) at the end...

//Add on for Netscape:WaitForReady needs tempo on exit
    winclass BrowserChild : BrowserChild
    WaitForReady(real rTimeout optional)
    [...] //specific piece of code here...
    if "{Browser.GetRealBrowser()}"=="Netscape"
    sleep(1)

..hope this helps