SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unexpected error message

while writing my automation script for web application there is an error message window for internet explorer. it is very uncertain and sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't so how to deal such windows because there is no specific place where it is opened. I just want that as soon as this window is opened it whould be closed.It's very important because if this window is not closed then remaining testcases does not run.
    thanks.
    Ramesh

JCC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unexpected error message

Hi

I have had a similar problem recently with a window application.
    One way of solving the problem is using the MessageBoxClass which is automatically declared when you record the declaration of an applications main window. Note! errormessages are normally treated as messageboxes.
    When you write your Test Cases you can check if a messagebox exists by typing something like:

[-] if (MessageBox.Exists (2))
    [ ] ErrorMessageHandler () //My Default Error handler function automatically close the messagebox and continue with the testcase

Hope this gives you an idea of how to solve the problem [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2003, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: JCC ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing which u tell is correct if i am knowing where the message box is popped but this is a explorere error window it can pop up any time i can not write the code at each and every line. isn't it correct.
    Ramesh

JCC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No that would not be a good idea [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . However if you put your testcase into a Do...Except statement and in the except part check for error messeages you only need to write a line of code pr do...except statement

e.g.

Do
    ... Somthing
    Except
    ErrorHandler() <- in this function you check for unexpected messageboxes, e.g. by using the exists method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's great i think it will work.
    thanks,
    Ramesh
    Ramesh